We are looking for an experienced Cook to join our team! You will be preparing and cooking a variety of dishes for restaurant guests to enjoy.
You are passionate about creating exceptional dining experiences through good, quality food. With previous experience as a cook, you are able to manage multiple priorities and contribute to a friendly and productive team atmosphere. Ideally, you have your ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating the temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking
- Respond to guest feedback with appropriate urgency and professionalism
- All prep and set up for assigned station
- At end of shift, close your station – disposing of garbage, cleaning of utensils, cleaning cooking surfaces, returning unused items to correct location, storing cooked and uncooked goods
- Comply consistently with the restaurant’s standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies, procedures
- Butcher and clean fish, poultry, lamb, pork, and beef
- Previous experience as a restaurant cook preferred
- ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification (or must be willing to attain)
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to lift 30+ lbs.
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours
Complete our short application today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BECOME PART OF THE REPUBLIC FAMILY
Republic Chophouse is an urban steakhouse, modern in approach & classic in spirit. "We value integrity, honesty, passion, and drive. Our employees are our most valuable resource, and we look forward to the opportunity to work with you!
We offer competitive wages, growth opportunities, 401K, health benefits, and much more in a safe, clean, harmonious work environment. We want you to enjoy your time here and are 100% committed to helping you succeed in your new employment!
Our purpose is to build your skillsets, your knowledge and your capabilities – giving you the confidence and support you need to thrive with us and your future employers."
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)