We are looking for a motivated Sous Chef to join our team! You will be assisting the Executive Chef in maintaining the operation of the kitchen, from food preparation and quality control to inventory and physical maintenance.
You are a natural leader with previous supervisory experience as well as experience with high-volume cooking. You care deeply about good food and exceeding quality standards to create memorable dining experiences. You are able to manage multiple priorities and contribute to a friendly and productive team atmosphere. You have your ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification.
- Lead the kitchen staff in Chef's absence
- Assist in menu creation and weekly features
- Respond to customer requests quickly and efficiently
- Create weekly schedules and manage labor costs
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, including planning and assigning work and establishing performance and development goals for team members
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and safety regulations
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, supplies, and labor costs
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met
- Perform all duties of kitchen managers and employees as necessary
- Achieve and maintain company and brand standards for quality and guest satisfaction
- Ensure security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment and replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste
- Some college and/or advanced training in food and beverage management plus 2 years of related experience, including supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification, or willingness to obtain
- Must have advanced knowledge of food service regulations
- Must be organized, skilled with time management, and efficient in hot and cold line production
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours per shift in an environment with extreme temperatures
- Skilled with the use of hand tools or machines needed for the position
- Able to lift, carry, or pull objects that may be heavy
Complete our short application today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BECOME PART OF THE REPUBLIC FAMILY
Republic Chophouse is an urban steakhouse, modern in approach & classic in spirit. "We value integrity, honesty, passion, and drive. Our employees are our most valuable resource, and we look forward to the opportunity to work with you!
We offer competitive wages, growth opportunities, 401K, health benefits, and much more in a safe, clean, harmonious work environment. We want you to enjoy your time here and are 100% committed to helping you succeed in your new employment!
Our purpose is to build your skillsets, your knowledge and your capabilities – giving you the confidence and support you need to thrive with us and your future employers."
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)